Are your Expectations Clear?
As we ring in the New Year, it is a perfect time to reassess where you are, where your business is, and if everything is in alignment with your core values. Here are 5 ways to align your 1st Quarter 2023.
- Revisit your core values. What are 3 principles that you live your life, and run your business by? There are some great core value exercises out there and my favorite is Brene Brown’s. I visit this exercise every couple of years to make sure my goals and action steps are in line with what truly matters most to me.
- Take an honest look at the last year. Review what worked and didn’t work for your business. Cut yourself some slack if necessary. Remember strategic plans are living documents, and at their most effective, they change, evolve, and grow with your business as the year progresses. Strategic Plans are not chains holding you down but wings to launch your business as high as you want to go.
- Review your company’s policies and procedures. Start with the employee manual. Do you have one? Is it updated? Every business, regardless of the number of employees, should have an employee manual. These manuals are not just a list of rules and regulations. They are an opportunity to create and record the business culture you truly desire. Updating your manual is an opportunity to revisit your mission and value statements and share them with your staff.
- Re-visit your expectations and reflect on whether they are still relevant to your business. Are they in line with your core values? After you reflect on them make your expectations clear and put them in writing. And make sure your staff is brought up to speed with any changes.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help or seek guidance. Maybe you aren’t sure if your expectations are clear and well-understood, and you need an objective outside perspective. Structure for Success is here to help! We specialize in bringing you that outside perspective. We take a look at your employees, your processes, and your culture to make sure they are in sync with your goals and expectations.
Don’t let fear paralyze you. Change can be good. Now is the time to set the pattern of excellence for the New Year.
Contact Wendy at Structure for Success to schedule a time to discuss your how to establish your goals and aspirations for 2023, and how to translate them into actionable business expectations for your company.
You’ve taken that last exam and marched proudly in your college or grad school graduation. You’ve had jobs before—waiting tables, stacking boxes, checking out groceries or clothes—but not a career. You’ve sent out a few resumes because that’s what you do, but nothing has come of it. Are you ever going to be able to pay those student loans on your own? Rent? Groceries?
What do you do now?
Invest in yourself, that’s what. For $500, Structure for Success’s Early Life Invention Program provides four coaching sessions and a revamped resume and cover letter to get your career off the ground.
Our coaching helps you:
- Discover your passion—what gets you out of bed in the morning—and transform it into a career
- Formulate a step-by-step plan to begin your career
- Give yourself permission to succeed
Your revamped resume and cover letter will:
- Position your degree, skills, and experience for your dream career
- Catch the eye of hiring managers
- Make you look good even to your parents—and yourself
You’ve put in the work. Don’t stop before you’ve started. We’ll give you the lift-off you need.
Call us at 480-773-3064.